Organic Neem Leaf powder in 100g/500g resealable pouches.
All parts of the plant have beneficial effects; however, neem may affect different people in different ways, and this information should not be considered a substitute for professional health advice.
- use neem for short periods and only for as long as necessary.
- Test your own tolerance for neem in small incremental steps, and if any signs of sensitivity appear, stop use immediately.
- Neem is contraindicated for use in people wishing to conceive and should be avoided during pregnancy and breast-feeding due to lack of safety studies.
The seeds, bark and leaf contain active compounds with proven anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-ulcer and anti-fungal properties.
There is a large, and increasing, body of scientific research, much of it freely available online, which proves the usefulness of this herb for a variety of ailments.
Neem leaf powder has a variety of uses: it can be used to make tea, or face-packs and hair-packs. It can also be dusted onto the skin or around the home to deter insects.
Neam Leaf Powder Tea
Use ¼ teaspoon in 1 cup of hot water. Allow to cool and strain. Do not exceed 2-4 cups per day. Honey and lemon can be added to taste.
Complexion Brightening Face Pack
- Mix one teaspoon turmeric and one teaspoon neem powder and one mashed banana.
- Apply to the face, avoiding eyes and mouth
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
- The face pack is moisturising and effective for acne and other skin irritations
- The banana can be substituted with coconut oil or almond oil
Neem and Turmeric Pack for oily skin
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon of neem leaf powder with 1 tablespoon turmeric powder.
- After that apply this face pack on the face for about 10-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Honey and Neem for dry skin
- Neem is antibacterial for the skin and honey works to moisturize the skin.
- To make a face pack of these two, prepare a paste by mixing two spoons of honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder with a spoon of neem leaves.
- Apply this pack on your face and neck for 10 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
Multani Mitti (Fullers Earth) and Neem
- Mix a tablespoon of neem powder with 2 teaspoons of rose water and 2 teaspoons of multani mitti (Fullers Earth)
- Apply this mixture evenly to your face and neck for 20 minutes and then wash it off with plain water
- Mix 1 tablespoon Tulsi powder, 1/2 tablespoon neem powder and the juice of ½ lemon (or rosewater)
- apply to breakouts and leave overnight before washing off
Dusting powder/ Athletes Foot Powder
- Mix Neem powder 1:8 with Fullers Earth powder or Kaolin clay powder
- Dust feet daily
- Powder may also be used around the home to deter fleas and other insects